Browse Items (81 total)

  • Collection: Bruce R. McIntyre Collection

050-001-074 mcentyre E.jpg
Looking east from the Mahoning River to Monument Park.

050-001-073 mcentyre E.jpg
The First Methodist Church on High Street later became a theater.

050-001-072 mcentyre E.jpg
The Warren Opera House, High Street, looking East from Harmon Street. Central Christian Church can be seen in the background.

050-001-069 mcentyre E.jpg
The Masonic Temple, located at the corner of 112 Pine Street and East Market Street.

050-001-066 mcentyre E.jpg
Newsboys assemble for a photo outside the Trumbull News Company, Niles, Ohio.

050-001-064 mcentyre pic E.jpg
People line up to obtain auto tags at the Warren Automobile Club on High Street NE.

050-001-063 mcentyre E.jpg
In this photograph, long-time Ohio Governor and U. S. Senator Frank Lausche poses with Trumbull County officials on the courthouse steps.

050-001-062 mcentyre E.jpg
The Warren Auto Club was located in the Hippodrome Building, 162 High Street. Included is the wrecker from Armstrong Motor Sales.

050-001-060 mcentyre E.jpg
Fire Department members pose on their new 1929 American La France 200 Master Series engine. On the running board stands D. K. Moser, Fire Department Chief from 1898-1931.

050-001-059 mcentyre E.jpg
Jack McFadden, Warren race car driver.

Tags:

050-001-058 mcentyre E.jpg
William A. Korth was the manager of the Warren Auto Club.

050-001-056 mcentyre E.jpg
Five members of the Warren Police Department shown with motorcycle and sidecar on High Street NE.

050-001-055 mcentyre E.jpg
A statue is lowered from the roof during repairs made to the Trumbull County Court House during renovation for the U.S. Bicentennial.

050-001-051 mcentyre E.jpg
Onlookers at the promotion of the “Horse Movie” outside the old Harris-Warren Theater, located in Warren’s old Opera House.

050-001-050 mcentyre E.jpg
Home of Walter and Ida Painter on Parkman Road, Warren, Ohio.

Tags:

050-001-049 mcentyre E.jpg
Interior of the Park Candy Company, Warren, Ohio.

050-001-043 mcentyre E.jpg
Main Street in downtown Warren in 1912, looking south from West Market.

050-001-042 mcentyre E.jpg
South Street at Pine Avenue looking East with the Colonial Hotel on the left and the Erie Railroad tracks in the center. The Colonial Hotel was located at 253 Pine Street SE.

050-001-041 mcentyre E.jpg
The Central Filling Station was located at 2401 W. Market, on the corner of East South Street and South Park Avenue, Warren, Ohio.

050-001-040 mcentyre E.jpg
West Market Street, looking east at the point of intersection with South Street.

050-001-039 mcentyre E.jpg
Looking east along South Street from Erie Station before the widening of the road.

050-001-037 mcentyre E.jpg
West Market Street looking east toward the intersection with South Street. Land markers indicate Oakland Sales and Service and Miller’s Tires.

050-001-036 mcentyre E.jpg
Warren’s Packard Park was a popular tourist camp, promoted by the Warren Auto Club in the 1930s and 1940s. The park was engineered and designed by W. D. Packard, who left the park to the city and who left funds in his will to build the Packard…

050-001-035 mcentyre E.jpg
Packard Park is located on Mahoning Avenue NW in Warren, Ohio.

050-001-033 mcentyre E.jpg
Park Gasoline and Service Company Inc., owned by Lang and Rodkey, was located on the northwest corner of Elm and High Streets.

050-001-032 mcentrye E.jpg
The Old Erie Station, at left, was a vital stopping point in downtown Warren for the Erie Railroad as it passed through the city. This is a view of the South Street, looking west from Main Street.

050-001-031 mcentyre E.jpg
The former Howland Drive-in opened for business in 1941, making it the first drive-in in the area and one of the first in the nation. It was located on Youngstown Road SE.

050-001-030 mcentyre E.jpg
First Presbyterian Church is located on the corner of Mahoning Avenue NW, across from Veteran’s Park.

050-001-029 mcentyre E.jpg
South Street after its widening.

050-001-028 mcentyre E.jpg
Pine Street at night during the holiday season; possibly in the 1960s.

050-001-027 mcentyre E.jpg
This scene shows South Street at Main Street prior to its widening, looking East with Erie Railroad engine front and center.

050-001-024 mcentyre E.jpg
Trolley tracks lead West on West Market and South on Austin Avenue.

050-001-023 mcentyre E.jpg
Looking East on West Market Street along the streetcar tracks, with Peerless Electric to the right.

050-001-022 mcentyre E.jpg
Construction of Reeves Apartments on West Market Street, with Thumm’s bike shop in far center.

050-001-021 mcentyre E.jpg
Main Street Bridge over the Mahoning River.

050-001-020 mcentyre E.jpg
Cities Service Oil Company (2401 West Market) faces Zedaker’s Isaly Dairy on the corner of West Market and Tod Avenue. Trolley tracks run through the photo’s the center.

050-001-016 mcentyre E.jpg
Christ Episcopal Church showing new bell tower. The church was located on High Street.

050-001-015 mcentyre E.jpg
Christ Episcopal Church on High Street NE with original steeple. Accompanying materials state that the church was located next to the Warren Armory.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2