Second Christian Church

Title

Second Christian Church

Description

Second Christian Church was located at 904 W Market St, Warren, Ohio, at the corner of Market and Mulberry. The original church was constructed in 1907, but was destroyed by a fire that started between the roof and ceiling of the sanctuary on April 27, 1972. The sanctuary and main body of the building were lost, but the educational building was saved. The sanctuary's cross was salvaged from the rubble and placed in the Fellowship Hall, which was used for worship while a new church was constructed. The first service in the new church was April 13, 1975, and the second sanctuary was dedicated in June of 1976. Second Christian closed in 2010 due to dwindling membership and finances. See the book Life and Times of Second Christian Church 1907 to 2010 for additional information.

This collection was donated by Bonnie Hammond.

Click here to view all Items in the collection: Second Christian Church

Social Bookmarking